Busy mid-town Toronto GIS software company, producer of the award winning MAPublisher & Geographic Imager applications for Adobe Create Cloud, requires a seasoned Swift and/or Objective-C developer for the next generation of its flagship cartographic GIS applications, for full-time positions.
Are you interested in learning and working with leading software development tools and methodologies, and see first hand how your work is helping people work and play? Avenza is redefining how customers create and interact with maps and are having a lot of fun in the process.
Openness, collaboration and innovation are the cornerstones of our culture. We also provide a clear and constant focus on our people, doing the right thing not just for the future success of the company but for their long term development as individuals. We are located in trendy mid-town Toronto, offer full benefits and a fun, exciting and flexible work environment!
You will be working as an iOS developer in Swift and/or Objective-C, as a lead or individual contributor, with a small, informal and tightly integrated team of programmers and QAs on a wide variety of existing and upcoming GIS-related mobile software projects. Please check our website for more information about our current products.
- 5+ years professional experience developing software for iOS or MacOS using either Swift, Objective-C or C++ languages
- In-depth understanding of core concepts, including OOD and memory management
- Experience leading the design and development of finished products or significant product features
- Front end / GUI exposure / interest
- Working knowledge of C++
- High standard of quality in coding practices
- Keen personal interest in computer science and programming in general
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and as a team member
Any of the following is nice to have for some of our ongoing projects:
- Mobile development experience
- Raster / vector 2D graphics
- GIS systems development experience and related libraries such as GDAL
- Interest in maps, cartography, geography or geodesy
- Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only citing reference #180518EIOSD
- Strictly no recruiters / consulting inquiries