Avenza is redefining how customers create and interact with maps and is having a lot of fun in the process. Our Vision is to be the premiere technology company for map creation, distribution and use. We are a growing team of software developers, QA Specialists and GIS experts that are passionate about our products. We have been successful as a team for more than 20 years and we take pride in creating software that is used by thousands of professionals and millions of users all over the world. Openness, collaboration and innovation are the cornerstones of our culture.
We are located only steps from the Davisville subway station. We offer a fun, exciting and flexible work environment. You will have the chance to interact with a global client base from small businesses to large international organizations. If you thrive in a challenging environment, and are capable of multitasking and have a passion for all things spatial, join us!
You will be working with a small and tightly integrated team, working to help drive the company forward. We need your expertise to elevate our team to the next level, while also offering guidance to our customers.
You Will :
- Greet customers in a friendly and upbeat manner
- Answer the telephone in a friendly manner
- Assist with planning of company events
- Prepare invoicing and shipping orders by courier, email and mail
- Maintain the customer and sales lead database
- Notify company personnel of visitor arrivals
- Work with the sales team on a daily basis
- Work on general office administration functions (filing, copying, faxing, mail, etc)
- Track expenses and prepare expense reports
- An excellent understanding of customers needs and ability to be proactive
- A strong attention to detail and data entry skills
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment effectively
- A University or College degree or experience in a related field
- A minimum of 1-3 years of working experience in a technology company, including extensive hands-on experience with office administration
- The ability to write and complete reports effectively
- Knowledge of Sugar CRM or similar CRM tool
- Past experience in a similar role in a small or medium size company
- Experience offering customer support on the phone or by e-mail
- A positive and upbeat personality to engage with customers
- Experience with Google applications and Microsoft products (Word,Excel)
We have great benefits!
- Benefits Package
- Casual Dress Code
- Informal and friendly work environment
- Free Coffee and Fruit
- Bagel Wednesdays
- Regular Catered Lunches
- Release Parties
- Social Events
- And lots more!
- BBQ on site for staff use
NB: strictly no recruiters. Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only. Resumes received by any other method will be discarded.