Map Your Future With Us!
Busy mid-town Toronto GIS software company, producer of the award winning PDF Maps app and MAPublisher & Geographic Imager applications for Adobe Create Cloud, requires seasoned C++ developers for the next generation of its flagship cartographic GIS desktop and mobile applications, for full time positions.
Come join a growing team of versatile software developers and GIS engineers right located on the Yonge subway line. We offers full benefits, a fun and flexible work environment and innovative technologies to work with. We are passionate about our work and products and take pride in creating software used by thousands of GIS professionals and millions of users all over the world. We value communication and collaboration and practice agile software development methods, always striving to improve as a team, and as a company. We offer flexible hours and a certain degree of telecommuting if required.
You will be working with a small, informal and tightly integrated team of programmers and QAs on a wide variety of existing and upcoming GIS-related software projects, both desktop and mobile. Please check our website for more information about our current products.
- Significant professional experience developing software using C++
- In depth understanding of core C++ concepts, including OOD, exceptions, memory management and smart pointers
- Front end / GUI exposure or interest
- Familiarity with at least some DPs, Scott Meyers books and alike
- High standard of quality in coding practices
- Keen personal interest in computer science and programming in general
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and as a team member
Any of the following are nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Objective C and MacOS X development (major asset)
- JAVA / C# experience
- Mobile development experience
- Raster / vector 2D graphics
- GIS systems development experience and related libraries such as GDAL
- Qt library Interest in geography, cartography or geodesy
Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only citing reference #160105ECMDD strictly no recruiters / consulting inquiries. This is a full-time position.
This is not an entry level position – we do expect practical knowledge of C++, solid software design skills and professional interest in creating good software.
Please no recruiters. Resumes and inquiries received via post, fax and telephone will not be considered.